El Hueco
The Following Was Posted Monday, January 03, 2005
  Farm Life

The home right behind the Habitat lodge had a rooster. I can’t remember what his name was, but I wanted to kill him. This vile bird’s favorite place to hang out was right outside the back air vent (really just a screened slit in the brick wall) of our room. This put the rooster about 3 feet from the head of my roommate Doug. Starting at about 10 o’clock every night, he and all the other roosters for miles around would have a contest to see who could shatter the air into the tiniest pieces. This contest would last until breakfast. I could swear that he must have been putting his beak right up to that air vent and aiming the focus of his shock-wave at my head. One morning I saw the rooster in our courtyard. Brave little creature. He was lucky I had my camera and not my pocket knife.

 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles

I went to Bolivia to work on a Habitat for Humanity project.

ARCHIVES
September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / August 2005 /

MY FAVORITE BLOGS
Lokey's Blog
Panhandle Bayou
Esplarge
Frogstorm
Three-Armed Mind


Powered by Blogger